Sara Barelleis is at my University, right this moment, giving a free concert.
And I am doing laundry and writing a research paper.
- The stories behind the scars of three random people on campus.
- That teachers think 150-275 pages of reading a week in one class is acceptable.
- The people that lost the student senate elections have their feelings hurt because people on facebook supported the other candidates (people on facebook are just so mean).
- Some girl is trying to get the Missouri governor to fire one of the men on the University’s Board of Governors because he didn’t respond to her letter asking to turn this alley into a dog park, and the fact that he is a realtor and sold that piece of land clearly demonstrates that he is trying to pit the town and the university students against each other.
Found this in my drafts- I forgot what the rest of them were, but the point is: there is clearly some excellent journalism going on here.
- Mary: I feel I'm forgetting something. Is there something tonight?
- Rebecca: Gallery Opening
- Mary (voice trailing off): Oh yeah, dinner
Lemony Snicket (via saddest-summer)
Thoughts on a conversation.
- Run the steps at the Philadelphia Art Museum like Rocky- I love Rocky! Also, I saw a really interesting documentary on the legal issues surrounding the collection of the Philly art museum and I have wanted to visit ever since.
- I love to write and I love to blog. I had a well read fashion blog in high school, and now one of my bucket list items is to write something for the female blog collective HelloGiggles.com.
- Get accepted to the Art Institute of Chicago. This is the dream that is driving my academic career right now.
- Learn Hebrew. I want to have the experience of reading the Old Testament in it’s original language.
- Read the BBC Top 100 books list.
- I am an art history major and have loved Vincent van Gogh since I was a kid. Seeing every single one of his paintings is a personal goal of mine- he painted over 900 paintings in his life, and was producing three a day in the last three months before he died. I started this goal a year and half ago and am close to 50.
- Attend Mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral when the Pope is officiating. I’m not Catholic, but I think that would be a really unique spiritual experience.
- I lived with a family in Spain for a few weeks the summer before my senior year of highschool, which was an amazing experience, but my host mom had a heart attack the day before I got there and was in the hospital the whole time. It was a very bittersweet time and I want to go back and stay with them again before I get too “grown up”.
- Develop my own film.
- I want to climb into and walk through the Grand Canyon. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world to me, and to do so would be thrilling, conquer some fears and be a deeply profound experience.
- Skydive. Yes: I long to jump out of an airplane, feel my stomach in my throat, and then getting to see the world from the bizarre peace of the sky.
…when I’m sitting outside the Red Barn listening to Iron and Wine perform at my school, for free.
All I need right now is to be laying in the grass under a countryside sunset, letting beautiful folk music wash my angst and stresses away.
- The Chemistry TA drops someone’s equipment and ruins their lab.
- Brother Jed shows up to blabber on in the quad…while HVZ is in full swing.
- Corduroy shorts
- Diane Sawyer
- Carefully groomedfacial hair
- Clove cigarettes
- Fathers that read the newspaper at breakfast
- Sweet pickles
- Consuming dairy or eggs at someone else’s home
- Enlarged images of dust mites
- Everything that happened in the movieBrokedown Palace
- Other people’s cellars
- Bubonic plague coming back
- Sea pigs
- “Maggie May” by Rod Stewart
- Kody BrownfromSister Wives
- James Taylor
- Grocery stores in Joshua Tree
The devil makes small sins seem smaller in our eyes, for otherwise he can’t lead us to greater evil.
- St. Mark the Ascetic, Homilies